Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411 | Linking Up

I love link ups! Like love love love! I love meeting new people and stalking checking out new pages and making new friends!

So today I'm linking up with Becky for a little blogger 411!!
 

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started my blog in 2007. WOW- that's a LOOONG time! But I had no idea what a blog was really about- my cousin had one, so I got one too!
I let it go for a while and really picked it back up in the past year.
My blog really hasn't changed too much, because it's always been about me (hello only child syndrome). But really, it's just somewhere to meet others and recap my life! I love memories.
When I get married (where's my prince?) and have babies I want to be able to remember all the important details!
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I did and I did!
I went to CSU here in Charleston and got my BS in Early Childhood Ed.
Doing nothing with it now but paying off the student loans!!
3. Where have you traveled?
I haven't gotten out of the south very much... super sad I know!
I have been all along the Mason-Dixon line- travelling from West Virginia to Alabama- but most of those were for mission trips when I was a teenager.
As an adult I've hit Savannah and Myrtle Beach- no where too far and the farthest I've gone was my fav vaca- VEGAS!!!
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Oh goodness- that's super hard!!
I think I would buy a new car! My dream car- a Honda CRV!! (I dream realistic)
But then I'd get a nice convertible and a car for mom and buy a house and do some major shopping!! :-)
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1) Not being able to get a hold of someone *cough* mother *cough*
I'm an only child and my mom is my best friend- but I HATE when I'm trying to reach her on the phone and I can't!! Not b/c I need whatever it is right then- but b/c I freak out that something has happened to her! My mind goes to the worst places!!
2) Bad Drivers!!
I am a very good driver and will leave it at that- now if you see me on the road- ignore the cell phone in hand or the dancing to music ;-)
3) Ignorance!!
People who chose not to find out something or get to know something or someone.
We are all God's children and it's not up to any one of us to judge!!
6. What is your favorite movie?
It's a tie between Dirty Dancing and Steel Magnolias!! See here!
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?Well, since I'm not allowed to drink post-op (I had gastric bypass for any new readers) I had to pass on my old favs of Mich Ultra, White Zin and Sex on the Beach. I can't even to the staple fav of Diet Pepsi anymore! I can't believe it's been almost 9 months since I've had any of the above!!
My new fav is decaf "sweet" tea with Splenda or Crystal Light's Appletini!
They are staples in my fridge!
OH and MILK! Milk has become a necessity!
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Well, technically I'm a single girl- it's all "me time" but my favorite time is my gym/running time followed by my tanning time!!
I leave work, head straight to the gym and  pound it out on the treadmill, then I cross the street and lay in the tanning bed. Both consist of my music blaring in my head and I just love it!!
It's just me! No TV, no pups, no phone! My mind wanders and I let it!!
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Oy Vey! This is harder than the lottery question!!
I have a serious shopping problem!!
I would have to say Target tho! I could buy clothes and shoes, stuff for my house and some electronics!
I'd have the most fun there!!
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.Me?? Embarrassing? NEVER!!
We touched on this during the 15 day challenge... but I'm constantly laughing at myself for being silly and goofy! And I totally don't care!! I'm OK with it!!
11. What day would you love to relive again?
Since it's freshest in my mind- probably my birthday a few weeks ago!!
It was so so so much fun!!
I also got my computer working again, so here's a few more pics!!
Pool Days 
Partying for our Country 
Beach on the 4th 
 

Celebrating the 4th with Friends 





 
Fun times with Family

Dancing the Night Away with Friends 

Karaoke Fun!!



Birthday with Friends!!

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I have absolutely NO idea!!
I am so curious to see who my doppelganger is!!
I'd love someone like Katie Holmes! LOL
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
In high school I worked for a grocery store for about six months before I discovered the land of daycare!!
I worked at 3 different daycares from high school to college and loved every minute!!
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Oh college Stacy- what were you thinking?!?!
See teaching really was my degree!! 
Oh my how we've come so far...
Still love this one!! But blonde hair?? OUCH!! 
JDRF Walk

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
If you're paying- you pick!!
No, I would love to go to Egypt and explore the pyramids! Really take my time and check them out!
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
This was taken yesterday before they gym!
94 pounds down!!
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Who knows!! 
I've learned not to tell God my plans- because He has his own in mind!
Ideally I would like to be early in a marriage and maybe preggers.
I am just looking for my prince to help that happen!!
Who wants to set me up?!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're so pretty!

Stopping by from Blogger 411.

I love Honda CRV's! My dream car is a Lexus RX 350.. more or less realistic, I think. I had a micro economics teacher tell me her dream car was a Bugatti... talk about Irony. :p

Hello, Again!!

Hey there lovelies! Miss me? HA! JK!! I did miss writing and venting and getting feelings out, hence the reason I'm back. I've ha...