Monday, June 25, 2012

Commenting Challenge

My blog is small and not followed by many- but that's OK! I love you anyway dear blog. I must say tho- when I see I have a new follower or a new comment is posted. I get a little burst of excitement! So what better way to try and make more blog friends and hopefully give someone else some excitement, than to join up with Jenna's Commenting Challenge!!

Todays Topic:

Tell us about YOU! What's your name? Where do you live? Who lives with you? Do you work outside the home? Have kids? Pets? (Psst! Don't spill the beans about your blog or hobbies quite yet!).
 
Well Hello there! My name is Stacy! I'm a southern girl, born and raised in Charleston, SC. I LOVE my city- have you been here? How could you not? I live in a cute little duplex house with my BFF of 10 years, Elizabeth and our 3 furbabies! Mine are Kally, a Beagle/Walker mix who thinks she's a lapdog and is a true diva; and Julio, my Chihuahua, who thinks he runs the joint, but really will succumb to anyone who will let him kiss your nose and holds him like a baby! E's dog Graham is my two's cousin- he's a yellow lab and will steal your heart once he gets to know you! I work at a place called SPAWAR- can't really talk much about my job and that's all I'm going to say on it- other than I'm very lucky to have it!!
I'm 27, soon to be 28 on Jul 7, remember that!! :-) I'm an only child to my divorced parents. My mom is my best friend and my dad is struggling with life- but trying to get by. I had gastric bypass on October 24, 2011 and have lost ~90 pounds to date. I feel amazing and I'm learning to like/love myself for the first time EVER! With this weight loss, I am also training for my first half marathon in November and raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society- (see widget to your left). It's been the greatest experience! 

I'm single and love life. I am a definite optimist and totally OK with that! I love to smile and laugh and want those around me to be happy! I am a Christian, but nowhere near perfect and thankful for the Lord's love and grace. I am a constant work in progress and excited for where my life is going to go!




13 comments:

Leslie said...

Like your blog. We live in Spartanburg, SC

www.thematthewmorganfamily.blogspot.com

Dani said...

Hi Stacy, I found your blog from Jenna's. What an accomplishment, you look great! God bless, Dani

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

Visiting from Jenna's! A half marathon?! You go girl!!

Callie said...

Wow, 90 pounds! That is so impressive! Your dogs sound cute. I am a Christian too, so I had to comment! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog! :-)

Brittany said...

stopping by from jennas! 90lbs and a half marathon!? that's awesome!! My husband and I absolutely LOVE Charleston. He lived there for a year when he was stationed at Charleston Air Force Base. We got married there too! we eloped and married at a cute little chapel in downtown Charleston, we hope to retire there some day!

Jenna said...

You look great! Congrats on the weight loss and good luck training for your marathon! I've never been a runner, but am jealous of those who can do it!

Megan said...

I am visiting from Jenna's blog! 90 lbs! That is amazing! It feels amazing when you learn to love your self. I still struggle with that sometimes because of my weight too, but I am working on it! Can't wait to read more of your blog!

Kim H. said...

YOU LOOK GREAT!! I am coming by from Jenna's, and your comment earlier today too - how exciting that you're going to run a marathon! I got sidelined from weight loss with having a baby, and wanting to have another...but I do hope to get back into some form of good exercise once we are a complete family.

Jodi said...

Congrats on your weight loss. That is awesome that you are going to run! You look great but more important to hear that you feel great. I'm stopping by from Jenna's!

Cadyly said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! My blog is small, too! Actually, I'm not sure that anyone actually reads it! :) Even if this challenge doesn't bring me any traffic, I'm still excited to be meeting new people! :)

Mallory said...

You are such a pretty girl! Stopping by from Jenna's Journey!

Brittany said...

Stopping by the blog from Jenna's. Great job!

brittanyanddenver.blogspot.com

Brandy Bruce said...

Gorgeous pictures!!

Hello, Again!!

Hey there lovelies! Miss me? HA! JK!! I did miss writing and venting and getting feelings out, hence the reason I'm back. I've ha...